UV Diffusers by EffectiV HVAC™ act as a shield ensuring that the air entering a room is pure and safe from potential contamination in other rooms of the building, even when a significant percentage of air is recycled and recirculated. They are a 3-in-1 solution cleaning recycled air from pathogens using UV-C light, filtering the air from larger particles with a MERV-9 filter, and enhancing air mixing and room ventilation. By filtering the air at the end of the duct line and by slowing it down even more, UV Diffusers achieve up to 99.9999% sterilization performance of SARS-CoV-1, SARS-CoV-2, Legionella and other airborne viruses and bacteria which can spread easily through the ventilation system.
Visit the UV Diffusers website for more information and to see the videos at UVdiffusers.com
UV Diffusers are a practical solution which can be retrofitted in most existing buildings without other significant upgrades, and offer easy access for maintenance and filter replacement.
- UV Diffusers help contain the spread of viruses and bacteria through ventilation systems
- 3-in-1 solution combining UV-C irradiation, air filtration and improved air mixing and room ventilation
- Tested with the real SARS-CoV-2 virus in a 3rd party laboratory, achieving a 99.949% single-pass virus deactivation at 458 cfm
- Hinged face provide easy access for filter change and maintenance
- Four models to supply air volumes between 50 cfm and 550 cfm
- Suitable for new buildings and existing buildings
- High discharge velocity provide efficient mixing of supplied air with room air
AXO-UV high induction swirl diffusers are designed to be used in air conditioning, ventilation and heating systems at a temperature differential up to 22ºF (12ºC). They can be mounted in false ceilings, on drywall, or suspended from the ceiling, from 8.5 feet to 13 feet (2.6 up to 4 meters) high. AXO diffusers allow a flow variation of 60% while keeping the air stream stable.
AXO High Induction Diffusers are available in four models covering different ranges of air volumes between 50 cfm and 550 cfm. They also deliver the highest induction ratio, mixing the air more efficiently than any other diffuser in a 360-degree diffusion pattern. AXO diffusers offer a very reliable performance in VAV applications in both heating and cooling.
AXO can also be adjusted to send the air in specific directions or downwards.
AXO-UV diffusers are the only UV diffusers available in both steel and aluminum.
The use of this device is a supplement to and not a substitute for standard infection control practices; users must continue to follow all current infection control practices, including those related to the cleaning and disinfection of environmental surfaces.