UV Diffusers by EffectiV HVAC™ act as a shield ensuring that the air entering a room is pure and safe from potential contamination in other rooms of the building, even when a significant percentage of air is recycled and recirculated. They are a 3-in-1 solution cleaning recycled air from pathogens using UV-C light, filtering the air from larger particles with a MERV-9 filter, and enhancing air mixing and room ventilation. By filtering the air at the end of the duct line and by slowing it down even more, UV Diffusers achieve up to 99.9999% sterilization performance of SARS-CoV-1, SARS-CoV-2, Legionella and other airborne viruses and bacteria which can spread easily through the ventilation system.
UV Diffusers are a practical solution which can be retrofitted in most existing buildings without other significant upgrades, and offer easy access for maintenance and filter replacement.
- UV Diffusers help contain the spread of viruses and bacteria through ventilation systems
- 3-in-1 solution combining UV-C irradiation, air filtration and improved air mixing and room ventilation
- Tested with the real SARS-CoV-2 virus in a 3rd party laboratory, achieving a 99.949% single-pass virus deactivation at 458 cfm
- Hinged face provide easy access for filter change and maintenance
- Suitable for new buildings and existing buildings
- High discharge velocity provide efficient mixing of supplied air with room air
PLAY is the only diffuser in the world providing a full 360-degree horizontal adjustment of the airflow. Each round sector can be manually rotated from the face to redirect the airflow exactly where we need it.
It ships as a swirl diffuser and can be manually adjusted to make it a 1-way, 2-way, 3-way or 4-way diffuser, or any hybrid combination.
PLAY-UV allows us to also reach parts of the room which would normally lack proper ventilation, either because of the room configuration, the diffuser location, obstacles, or other factors.
PLAY-UV also allows us to improve thermal comfort by redirecting the air away from people feeling drafts, or towards sources of heat gain/loss like large windows.
Thanks to the PLAY-UV diffuser, HVAC technicians can shape the air circulation in the room with precision, ensuring an almost perfect ventilation in any room configuration.
The use of this device is a supplement to and not a substitute for standard infection control practices; users must continue to follow all current infection control practices, including those related to the cleaning and disinfection of environmental surfaces.