OTO Series curved slot swirl diffusers by EffectiV HVAC™ are designed to be used in air conditioning, ventilation and heating systems at a temperature differential up to 22ºF (12ºC). They can be mounted in false ceilings, on drywall, or suspended from the ceiling, from 8.5 feet to 13 feet (2.6 up to 4 meters) high. OTO diffusers allow a flow variation of 60% while keeping the air stream stable.
The particular design of OTO diffusers creates a uniform airflow along the length of each aperture. The radial configuration of the eight curved slots produces a rotational blade jet pattern. The resulting high velocity swirl diffusion combined with a Coanda effect results in efficient mixing of supplied air with room air, a high induction ratio and reduced air stratification.
As a result of the collaboration between Lievore, Altherr & Molina and MADEL®, OTO’s original design allows for manufacturing from a single continuous sheet, without any edges highlighting an assembled construction. This results in very smooth airflow characteristics while creating new design possibilities and reducing the visual impact within the architectural surroundings.
- Fixed and reliable high induction swirl pattern
- High velocity swirl blade jets provide efficient mixing of supplied air with room air
- High tolerance to air entering the diffuser at an angle
- Architecturally appealing curves and design
- Great for lower cfm or high comfort applications
- Square and round shapes available
- Lay-in, duct mounted or drywall mounted, suitable for all ceilings
- One piece, heavy-gauge stamped steel face construction
- Matching high-performance PERFAIR plenums, choice of top or side connection
- PERFAIR have built-in anti-seismic attachment tabs and air equalizer/volume damper